Foresight Linux Newsletter, Issue 1 (29/9-2009)
Fresh start of Foresight Linux newsletter. It’s time to let the users what’s going on and what’s coming in the near future. Our newsletters were scarce in the past few months but we’re working on it and this will be improved with more regular updates from now on. We hope our users will find our newsletter useful and give a hint on what’s happening inside Foresight.
// Tomas Forsman
Gnome 2.28 is currently inside development repository. Still some minor issues, but relative stable. We can’t promise when it will be in stable repo, but we hope within a week or two.
New applications have been added, such as: Unetbootin, Moovida Media Center, nfoview, Taskcoash and more. Some are still under testing, but will soon be available.
Boots (Fedora Remix), has now a own space in Foresight Wiki.
You can install it easily with packagekit or though Terminal with this command: sudo conary update bleachbit
A number of new members have officially joined the Foresight community due to their outstanding contributions to Foresight.
For more information on becoming a Foresight member, see this page on the Foresight Wiki.
Join the Foresight Community
Foresight users and developers are active on a number of different social networking sites.
- Share your musical tastes and favorite artists with other Foresight users in the Foresight group on Last.fm. Banshee, Foresight’s default music manager, has built in support for Last.fm.
- Follow a few Foresight developers every waking moment via Twitter or via identi.ca.
- Share pictures of your Foresight Linux desktop at the Foresight Linux Flickr group.
- Join the Foresight Linux group on Facebook.
- Add Planet Foresight Linux to your bookmarks or favorite feed reader, such as Liferea, to read blog updates from Foresight Developers.
- Join us at internet relay chat (irc). The Foresight Linux channels are hosted by the Freenode IRC network. #foresight
Contribute to the Foresight Linux Newsletter
Have a package or piece of software you want to share in the newsletter?Â Send it in!Â We are always looking for more writers or contributors, and building the newsletter is a collaborative process using theÂ Foresight Linux Newsletter wiki.Â We are also looking for volunteers to interview people in the Foresight and GNOME communities, links to news articles on the web or in print regarding Foresight Linux, and all the other content that makes up the newsletter.
Have thoughts or comments on the newsletter? Email email@example.com and your letter may be published in the next issue!
Trackback from your site.