Foresight Linux 2.5.0 ALPHA 2 GNOME Edition Release Notes
It is with great pleasure that I announce the release of Foresight 2.5.0 ALPHA 2 GNOME Edition!
Once again, this alpha release is from our QA branch, and is intended mostly toÂ receive feedback on brand new installs from end-users, specially in relation to the overall behavior of X.org on first boot!
Well known for being a desktop operating system featuring an intuitive user interface and a showcase of the latest desktop software, this new release brings you the latest GNOME 2.32 release, a newer Linux kernel 184.108.40.206, Xorg-Server 1.8, Conary 2.2 and a ton of updated applications!
The following images are available for download right now:
For End Users (QA Label):
- Foresight Linux GNOME Edition 2.5.0 x86:
Size: 1.68 GB
- Foresight Linux GNOME Edition 2.5.0 x86_64:
Size: 1.86 GB
Obviously, if you’re already running Foresight Linux 2.5.0 ALPHA1, simply update your system from the command line: sudo conary updateall
The following issues were resolved since our previous release:
- FL-2693 Â Turn off DRM from faad2
- FL-2690 Â git send-email has missing dependencies
- FL-2689 Â telepathy-butterfly gime segmentfault to login to msn
- FL-2684 Â sendmail-cf doesn’t appear to be in groups
- FL-2679 Â the urlÂ http://foresightlinux.org is not working
- FL-2666 Â get wiki up
- FL-2667 Â update the userguide (not closed yet)
- FL-2668 Â X won’t start in some install (not closed yet)
- FL-2670 Â Choose a new Splash Screen (not closed yet)
Please report any issues or bugs you encounter while using Foresight 2.5.0 ALPHA 2. Foresight’s issue tracker, FITS, is available at https://issues.foresightlinux.org.
Thanks to all the developers and users who contributed to and helped test this release.
Thank you for using Foresight. Because your distro should be cool.
Trackback from your site.